What to expect during your Airbrush Session
- You will be escorted into a private area equipped with ventilation and drying fans for your session.
- A technician will discuss your sunless tanning needs and help you choose the perfect shade that is right for your skin tone and desired result.
- You will remove your clothing and jewelry.
- WOMEN: If you choose to wear cotton undergarments the solution will not penetrate through the clothing. Therefore you will not receive a tan in the covered areas.
- MEN: It is required that cotton briefs, shorts or a bathing suit be worn for the session.
- If your finger and toe nails are not painted our technician will provide a lotion to cover your nail beds.
- Cover your hair with the supplied disposable hair cap.
- A technician will then apply your chosen solution to your skin, covering your entire body. They will guide you in several positions to ensure that all exposed areas are covered evenly.
NOTE: APPLYING EXCESSIVE SOLUTION DURING ONE SESSION WILL NOT MAKE YOU DARKER. YOUR SKIN MAY APPEAR DARKER DIRECTLY AFTER YOUR SESSION BUT WILL WASH OFF DURING YOUR FIRST SHOWER.
If a darker tan is desired a second application can be applied 24 hours after the first session.
About the Spray Tanning Solution
Tiki Hut Tans uses Norvell®AMBER SUN™ Premium Sunless Tanning Solution, a non-toxic custom designed sunless tanning solution that produces an express, quick drying, natural, long-lasting, “just off the beach” tan! Radiant supple-bronzed skin is only one spray away!
The solution contains the active ingredient, DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) that reacts with the skins natural oils to produce a “brown” tan to form on the surface of the skin within 4-6 hours after application, replacing any cosmetic bronzers as they wash off.
Made in the USA | Never Tested on Animals | Paraben Free
Please Note: Product may stain light hair, wool, spandex, lycra, silks or other fine fabrics. If product comes into contact with fabric rinse immediately. In clothing, solution is easily removed with regular machine wash.
For External Use Only. Avoid Contact with Eyes, Lips, or Mucous Membranes.
Spray Tan Pre- and Post-Session Care
Pre Spray Tan Session Care
- Shower with an oil free exfoliate and do not apply body oils or moisturizer to skin as this can create a barrier on your skin.
- Shave or use depilatory cream to remove unwanted body hair.
- What you should bring: Lip balm, black swimsuit or underwear (cotton), dark loose fitting clothing (cotton), black flip-flops, an umbrella (in case of bad weather).
- Wear clothing for your spray tanning session that are dark in color, preferably black and loose fitting (cotton clothing) to avoid excess contact or staining to your clothing after your spray tan.
- Do not wear tight fitting jeans, pants, or shorts, or light synthetic fabrics to your appointment.
Immediately Prior to Session:
- Wipe skin with wet wipes to remove any excess body oils from the skin, make up and deodorant.
- (Critical) Apply disposable FDA recommended protective eyewear, nose and mouth filters, hair cap and lip balm provided by the Tanning Technician.
Post Spray Tan Session Care
Immediately Following your Session:
- Wipe off the palms of your hands, bottom of feet, and lips with a wet wipe.
- Drying time takes approximately 4-8 minutes following application
- Get dressed
Up to 16 Hours after your Session:
- Avoid any activity that would cause sweating; exercise, cleaning, or showering, as your spray tan is developing during these hours. Contact with water or sweat could result in streaking or uneven tanning.
- If you choose to sleep in your spray tan so that it darkens overnight, cover your bed with dark sheets and pillowcases so that any bronzer does not stain your regular sheets. If staining occurs, wash sheets by spraying with stain remover and launder as normal.
16-24 Hours after Session:
- Shower normally. Avoid using soap if less than 16 hours since your session. You will see some color wash away from your skin. This is completely normal, and was only the cosmetic bronzer (instant tan that you could see after your spray tan). Do not be concerned by this, as your developed tan is still there.
- Wash with a mild, moisturizing shower gel and a gentle washcloth. While you are drying, remember to pat, not rub your skin.
- Apply a moisturizer daily to extend the life of your tan.
The Life of your Spray Tan
The life of your spray tan depends on the care you take of your skin. Moisturize twice a day and exfoliate gently.
The following products have been shown to reduce the number of days that a spray tan will remain on the skin, so try to find alternatives or simply avoid these products until just before your next spray tanning session.
- Band Aids, Face Masks, or Biore Pore Strips
- Anti Aging or Anti Acne products
- Bar Soaps
- Hair Removal Creams and Shaving
If at all possible, you should try to avoid the pool/spa/ocean within 48 hours of your spray session. Chlorinated pools and spas can lead to increased skin exfoliation and premature fading of the tan.
If you notice uneven or premature fading of your spray tan, you can always correct this by touching up your spray tan with a sunless tanning product. Please ask your tanning technician for more information.
DANGER – DHA EXPOSURE
- Warning – This product does not contain a sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn. Repeated exposure of unprotected skin while tanning may increase the risk of skin aging, skin cancer, and other harmful effects to the skin even if you do not burn.” (21 CFR 740.19).
- DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) is listed in the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act) as a color additive for use in imparting color to the human body. However, its use in cosmetics, including sunless “tanning” products, is restricted to external application. According to the CFR, “externally applied” cosmetics are those “applied only to external parts of the body and not to the lips or any body surface covered by mucous membrane” (21 CFR 70.3v).
- As with any substance, repeated exposure to, or inhalation of, airborne matter may cause irritation or discomfort. There are occasions where individuals may be allergic to one or more ingredients in the spray tan solution. If this occurs, shower and discontinue use. If severe reaction, contact a physician. Some medications such as birth control pills, hormone replacement medications, or antibiotics may alter your tan.
- Wear Food and Drug Administration recommended protective eyewear, nose and mouth filters, protective undergarments, and lip balm. Failure to use protective equipment may result in injury to the area of the eyes, lips, or mucous membrane, or even internally.
- Consult a physician before using a DHA spray tanning solution if you are pregnant, have sensitive skin, advanced allergies, or are diabetic.